I've written a number of free software programs and libraries.
- avrmidi, firmware to turn a Teensy++ board into a MIDI interface.
- cdsuite, a Python tool for converting audio CDs to collections of audio files.
- dumpfloppy, tools for imaging floppy disks in arbitrary formats using a PC, and working with disk image files.
- freedt, a daemontools reimplementation.
- The GARStow software packaging system.
- logtailer, a tool for watching log files.
- m25, a macro processor.
- misccode, a large collection of my miscellaneous programs that haven't been packaged separately
- Potamus, xhippo's successor.
- Psiren, a client-server system for transferring hard disk images from old machines.
- rawdog, an RSS Aggregator Without Delusions Of Grandeur.
- softrig, a frontend for SoftRock-style software defined radio transceivers.
- onenetd, a single-server inetd replacement.
- vdesk, a lightweight virtual desktop manager for X.
- xpopple, a Motif-based PDF viewer adapted
xpdfthat uses the Poppler library.
Since 2019, I've done quite a bit of work on the ld-decode software-defined LaserDisc decoder project — I've implemented 2D and 3D versions of the BBC Transform PAL algorithm, and substantially improved the performance of the chroma decoder.
You can browse all these projects' released files here.
Released files are signed with one of my OpenPGP
keys; once you've fetched the appropriate key, use
gpg --verify file.asc to verify the signature.