Other projects I've worked on
As part of my work on GARStow, I've contributed
patches to lots of free software projects — but they tend to be of
install files into the right place or
a newer version of libfoo variety.
Here's some of the more interesting stuff I've done.
- aewm: MWM hints support, Xft font rendering, nested menu support.
- dillo: "force my colours".
- uwm: initial 3D borders support.
- gkrellm: MH folder checking.
- XFCE: made the mail icon on the panel show whether you have mail.
- XawTV: plaintext support for alevtd.
- ogmtools: add a -c option to ogmsplit so that it can arbitrarily extract sections from an ogg stream.
- ROX-Filer: hide column headers in the list view.
- i-scream: the "statgrab" program, and various minor work.
- rxvt-unicode: real bold font support.
- leafnode: "nopost" option to prevent posting to a particular server (diff against 1.9.18).
- rxvt: MWM borderless support, override-redirect support, arbitrary command on bell, fixed buffer overflow in command.c (from Debian patch) (diff against 2.7.8, but you should really just use rxvt-unicode instead!).
- clock: fix for reading insufficient data from the child, fix for not stripping the LF from the message (diff against current version).
- speckeysd: avoid collecting zombies.
- xcopilot: port to FreeBSD, avoiding Linux mmap semantics (diff against 0.6.6).
- KRoC: lots of work as part of my PhD, particularly on the standard libraries and module system.
the TCP/IP stack, and the original
- LIRC: userspace I2C driver for BT848 remote control receivers; cleaned up FTDI bitbang driver.
- jack-rack: various minor fixes and merging of other peoples' patches; I'm now one of the team of maintainers.
- SDR-Shell: made it act as a rigctl server, so other applications can control it as if it were a conventional radio.
- Debian xpdf: rewrote config parser for use with poppler (patch; see also xpopple).
- shntool: support for files bigger than 2 GiB (patch).
- Linux kernel and U-Boot: support for LinkSprite pcDuino v3 Nano board.
- das_watchdog: fix a local root security hole (CVE-2015-2831) and some minor portability problems.
- calfbox: fix some bugs that prevented the Salamander Grand Piano SFZ from working properly.