Welcome to Adam Sampson's web pages.
- Code: free software that I've written and made available.
- My (mostly academic) publications.
- Ideas that I've collected.
- Books that I've read, with short reviews.
- Chords for other peoples' songs.
- Music I've recorded, and my instruments.
- Recipes from our kitchen.
- How to use the University of Kent VPN and wireless network on Linux.
- Using Vodafone's Top Up and Go service on Linux without NetworkManager.
- Some tips for Bourne-like shells.
- Some of the software I use.
- A CVS Cheat Sheet for new CVS users.
- Measuring electricity usage.
- Image scaling for the web.
- Packaging Unix software: how to distribute your source code so that others can use it.
- Rediffusion in Canterbury: what's left of Canterbury's original cable TV system.
About me (and these pages)
Here are some of the other web sites I'm involved with.
- The fivegeeks Canterbury takeaway menus repository.
- The Us-Lot pages.
- The Us-Lot log (feed).
- My bookmarks (feed).
- I work as a lecturer in the Institute of Arts, Media and Computer Games at the University of Abertay Dundee.
- I've been involved with the CoSMoS project for several years; we're working on complex systems modelling and simulation.
- The pop-users pages.
- Tim Sampson Broadcast Consultancy & Training.
- The Sampson family page, which includes Tim Sampson's paintings.
|2013-04-22||cdt2012-enginee...||CDT paper published.|
|2013-03-22||wishlist||Update wishlist (thanks M&D, A, and D!).|
|2012-12-27||wishlist||Christmas -- thanks all!|
|2012-12-27||style.css||Enable hyphenation. (Let's see if anything actually does this...)|
|2012-12-06||code/potamus||potamus 14 (with new trendy version numbering scheme).|
|2012-10-29||robots.txt||Generate robots.txt from the Makefile.|
|2012-10-29||robots.txt||Add hg and git exclusions to robots.txt.|
|2012-10-29||robots.txt||Look for a magic comment in robots.txt.|
Feed of recent changes